Monday, May 22, 2006

Things that don't suck: Erasing mistakes

You know, I'm so glad that Bryan Singer took over the Superman franchise. For me, the biggest reason is because in Superman Returns, we are expected to move forward from an endpoint of Superman II, rather than Superman V.

That means no Brewster's Millions vs. Superman, no Nuclear Man...Lois Lane still can't figure out that the bespeckled goofball Clark Kent is actually the Man of Steel...and another great actor takes the helm as the world's greatest villain, Lex Luthor (and not just for a payday).

I'm also satisfied, because I think that Superman vs. Batman, while a great storyline, was inevitably going to be ruined by a director like McG, who doesn't "get" any of this.

Take a look at the International Trailer for Superman Returns - it looks fantastic, especially the final shot.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont know how I feel about this. Yeah, Usual Suspects was cool, but not sure about the other movies hes done. And Im going to have a really hard time accepting Spacey as Lex. Cmon - no Gene?! You're dead to me Superman!

Patterson said...

You're so, so wrong on this one, Bomber. He's going to be fantastic. How about American Beauty? Sick movie, but Spacey was great in it.

Patterson said...

Oh, and BTW? Think he can't play the part of the villain well? Ever seen a little movie called Se7en?

Anonymous said...

Im not saying Spacey isnt a great actor...but not as good as Gene.

Patterson said...

All I have to say is Superman IV...which is exactly what the franchise needed, after that piece of crap movie...an IV - it was on life support.

Andy said...

um, I think that bullet would ricochet, not mush up and fall straight down

Newton's 3rd law, anyone?

Patterson said...

Not a hollow point - hollow point bullets flatten & expand on contact.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»