Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
- Hwang Woo Suk does indeed suck. He lied about his findings. In fact, the only clone he got right was the photograph of the stem cells.
- Hwang Woo Suk and the Suktones are already opening up a new lab.
- Korean people really eat dogs.
Hwang will open a research facility in Seoul and employ many researchers who have worked with him before, Lee said.Now, is it just me, or does this sound like the plotline to The Island of Dr. Moreau? Estranged scientist, conducting evil experiments with DNA...
Medical researchers have said it will be nearly impossible for Hwang ever to publish again in a major journal because of the fraud perpetrated by his team.
Friday, June 23, 2006
Why did these morons think a) that this was okay and b) that they were going to get away with it? Especially after the Duke rape incident!
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
- Soccer is only the world's favorite game because it costs the least amount of money to play. All you need is a ball.
- The rules are too subjective. Yellowcards are ridiculous, and "extra time" is dumb.
- Ending the game in a tie is fine. Ending a tie game with no scoring at all is stupid.
- Soccer players might have great conditioning, but they're complete wussies. Especially if they're from Paraguay. Man, they're good at faking injuries. It makes me wonder why the French aren't better at soccer.
During one of the many wars that the French and the British fought and the French lost, the French just happened to capture a British Major. An officer brought the Major to the French general for interrogation.So, I've been watching the World Cup for the past few weeks. I've been trying my best to get into it. But all these long-haired wussies are driving me crazy. "Oooww, my toe! Oww! My shinguard! Oww, quit pinching me!" I propose that all Paraguayans (?) wear brown uniforms. Those Ecuadorans, too, they're big time wussies, afraid of a little contact.
The French general began ridiculing the Major for wearing "that stupid red tunic." The French general said, "Why to you wear that red uniform, it makes it easy for us to shoot you." The British major replied, "If I do get wounded, the blood will not show, and my soldiers will not get scared." The French general said, "That is a very good idea..." he turned to his orderly and said, "From now on all French officers will wear brown pants."
And then, when I thought my argument couldn't get any better, our favorite curly-haired boyfriend adds his two cents in the Globe:
My absolute favorite thing about soccer is stoppage time. The whole world is watching and one guy on the planet knows how much time is really left. At any moment, the guy with the watch can throw up his hands and say, ``That's it." Really adds to the drama.Bomber, now you find yourself squarely on the side of CHB.
Game. Set. Poop.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
...and then the assholes snapped her picture running after the truck:
All I can say is, TUSH-MAAAAAN!
Now here's the kicker: when she opened her store 18 years ago, she obtained a permit for the sign - and then they changed the laws on her. That little nugget of information was buried on the third page of the story, followed by this:
Meanwhile, a man nearby walked around with a cardboard sandwich sign attached to his body that said fatpacking.com. Apparently, signs that move are not in violation of the city code.
``I figured I'd walk around and see if I could attract attention," said Steven Silberberg , whose business takes people backpacking to help them lose weight. ``My marketing acumen comes right out of the 1960s. . . . I guess I'm a rebel."
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
The farm was sold in a back room deal by the City of Los Angeles 2 years ago for $5MM to a developer, who now wants to put a WalMart warehouse in its place unless he gets $16MM. So Darryl's out there, sweating it out in a tree, hoping to raise awareness & money from her celebrity friends, and what does she get in return? Ridicule.
In order to save this land, you can either donate to the Trust for Public Land, or directly to the South Central Farmers. If you donate to the South Central Farmers, and they cannot get the farm back, your money will be returned.
A big "eat shit" goes out to everyone who sits on their hands doing nothing. The voters who don't vote. The bored who don't take time out to help others. The wealthy who don't donate money unless it affects their tax returns.
Monday, June 12, 2006
Louie C.K. takes a live studio audience, a normal Roseanne-style sitcom mold, and promtly destroys it right in front of your face. It's got heart, it's got a message...and it's got balls. I was in tears I was laughing so hard at it last night. DVR it and watch it. It was so funny that I'm watching it again tonight.
Don't believe me? Check out the reviews:
- USA Today: Louie more lousy than lucky
- Salt Lake Tribune: 'Lucky Louie' is foulmouthed, but not all that funny
- Boston Globe: "...look for the good (Entourage), the bad (Dane Cook's Tourgasm), and the ugly (Lucky Louie)"
- Boston Herald: HBO’s ‘Entourage’ excels, but ‘Lucky Louie’ is a loser
Critical failure = success in Hollywood.
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Grimsley says that a former employee of [redacted] and personal fitness trainer to several Major League Baseball players once referred him to an amphetamine source. Later, this source — not the trainer — provided him with “amphetamines, anabolic steroids and human growth hormone.” This trainer? His name is Chris Mihlfeld, a Kansas City-based “strength and conditioning guru.” (And former Strength And Conditioning Coordinator for the Royals.)
Does Mihlfeld’s name sound familiar? If it doesn’t, he — and we assure you, this gives us no pleasure to write this — has been Albert Pujols’ personal trainer since before Pujols was drafted by the Cardinals in the 13th round of the 1999 draft. We have no confirmation that Pujols’ name is in the affidavit … but Mihlfeld’s is. If you read the document, it doesn’t say the trainer/Mihlfeld supplied all the HGH and what-not; it just says the trainer was the referrer.
Bomber may be in for more pain the rest of the season...if Pujols is juiced, he's going to have a hard time concentrating on hitting home runs with a camera & microphone stuck in his face, Barry Bonds-style...
Friday, June 09, 2006
- You're now a martyr, complete with 72 virgins at your disposal
- The organization can add about 500 shoulder-mount missle launchers and 2500 SA80 assault rifles
- Ice tea for everyone. What better way to show the organization you care about it's members than to offer a nice cool refreshment for those hot jihad days in the desert.
Ummmm...EXACTLY. We are a nation of idiots.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Here's that recipe:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 extra egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (if you have one) or the whisk, cream the brown and granulated sugars and butter for 5 minutes or until fluffy.
4. In a bowl, beat the eggs and extra yolk just to mix them.
5. With the mixer on medium speed, add the egg mixture and vanilla. Mix until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula once or twice. Add the flour mixture and beat until combined. Remove the bowl from the mixer stand. With a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate.
6. Remove golf-ball sized lumps of dough and set them on the sheets 3 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until they are just beginning to turn golden.
7. Cool on the baking sheets. Store cooled cookies for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Monday, June 05, 2006
Seriously, how stupid are these people? College Republicans are all starting to look and act like Paris Hilton and her Greek heir boyfriends.
Friday, June 02, 2006
Take for example, the way that Comcast quantifies its new improved services:
At those speeds, three MP3 music files could be downloaded in 6.6 seconds, while a 686-megabyte video game could be downloaded in 12 minutes, according to the company.Now, sure, you can say that you can download iTunes files legally...however, those are M4P files. And sure, there are legal MP3 files being offered on the Web. But we all know that's not what Comcast is gunning for here. Just curious if Jeremy or Ed want to chime in on this matter, being our resident legal beagles.