Friday, September 22, 2006

Things that don't suck: Torii's Stories

There's a rumor going around that Torii Hunter could replace Coco Crisp in centerfield for the Red Sox next year. He's one of the best defensive CF's in the league, and a clutch hitter to boot. I was hoping they'd replace Damon with him last year in a trade.

Hunter played instructional league ball with David Ortiz, and has a funny story about him:

"Here's this 6-foot-4 guy, wearing size 91/2 shoes," said Hunter of his Instructional League encounter. "I'm like, 'What's wrong?' He said, 'My feet are killing me, man.' Every game he complained about this for a week and a half. Finally, he showed me his shoe. I said, 'You don't wear a 91/2.' So there it was, 1997 and he finally figured out he wears a 121/2. His feet were curling up in a 91/2 all that time."

No comments: