Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Things that don't suck: Calling in sick

Cough! Cough!

Paul Pierce is calling in sick today...and something tells me that he might have to go on short-term disability in the very near future. If the Celtics ever want to win an NBA Championship with Paul Pierce, they're going to have to secure a #1 overall pick, then trade it for a veteran stud.

Personally, I like Paul Pierce. I think he's exemplified what it means to be a Boston Celtic, and he genuinely likes playing here. Earlier this season, I said to trade him, sell high. Lose some games, get Oden at #1 overall by trading Pierce for even more ping pong balls.

Now? I've changed my tune. I say we let Paul ride the pine for the rest of the year, recouperate to 100%, then make some major moves with that #1 overall pick. Green 17, here we come.

No comments: