Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Things that don't suck: Samuel Adams

Samuel Adams announced today that in 3 weeks, a new beer glass will become available to the general public via the samueladams.com store. 4 glasses for $30. Samuel Adams claims to have spared no expense on R&D for the new glass design - it's considered "a full-sensory experience" for beer enthusiasts.

As you can see, the glass features a keg-like belly, and a big mouth, just like me.

Even though I think it's pretty cool, I think I'll pass - it looks delicious, but with such a wide opening at the top, you're going to inevitably end up with beer froth on the nose after your second or third sip. Beer belongs in zee mouth.

Either way, Samuel Adams is a pretty cool company in my book - they're really passionate about what they do, and taking the time to care about the little things is what makes customers happy. They get it. I really like that about them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha - you and I are on the same wavelength...although I def. want to try the classes. Uh, wider mouth equals more beer in mouth!

Ive met Jim Koch - he's awesome. He is why Sam Adams is as good as it is....kinda like me if I put as much energy into designing beer as I do into drinking it