Friday, January 13, 2006

Things that suck: There goes the neighborhood

Well, the "Safest City in America" is soon to be no longer, folks. A man was just murdered in Newton. It got me to thinking - I've been wanting to write about two subjects for awhile now:
  1. The link between antidepressant medication and random acts of violence.
  2. The link between the Bush administration and the undeniable increase in gun violence.
Now that we've had one of each occur in the city of Newton (see "Newton couple stabbed at home"), the safest city in America, I think I can do so. I'll write about it next week, after asking around work to see if we have any statistics to back up my claims. That is, if my wife doesn't give birth by then, which could very well happen. If that happens, I'm sure I'll want to blog about not wanting to touch or smell poop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you read the part of the story where Jim is bragging about unlocked car/home doors? That's what you want to say to scare criminals away.

Patterson said...

I remember thinking, once I heard that Newton was voted #1...just like with anything else, now we've got a target on our backs. Then I moved to Watertown.