Monday, June 12, 2006

Things that don't suck: Lucky Louie

I just watched a new sitcom on HBO called Lucky Louie last night, and I have to say, it's got to be the funniest 30 minutes of television I've seen since All in the Family.

Louie C.K. takes a live studio audience, a normal Roseanne-style sitcom mold, and promtly destroys it right in front of your face. It's got heart, it's got a message...and it's got balls. I was in tears I was laughing so hard at it last night. DVR it and watch it. It was so funny that I'm watching it again tonight.

Don't believe me? Check out the reviews:
When the critics hate something this much, you know it has to be good - same thing happened to South Park, All in the Family, Family Guy, The Simpsons...

Critical failure = success in Hollywood.

3 comments:

Andy said...

"My dick is too aware that your pussy is a chamber of financial ruin."

With writing like that, the show has potential. But the production values could use an upgrade. Is Laura Kightlinger working for free at this point?

Patterson said...

Seriously, she's only famous for her Comedy Central standup specials.

I liked the fact that you could see the lights beaming off everyone's foreheads - Laura said it was like watching a play.

Patterson said...

"Made in China plastic mother fu__er."

This show has "Merv" written all over it.