Monday, October 23, 2006

Things that don't suck: The King of Comedy

I love Jerry Seinfeld. He was at the Mohegan Sun's 10th anniversary party this past weekend - the Herald reported back with some of his routine:
  • On Iraq: “Is it all that sand and no beach that makes everyone in the Middle East crazy?”
  • On terrorists: “My favorite suicide bomber is the guy who blows himself up without hurting anyone else. Kind of like Jihad E. Coyote.”
  • On cereal: “Who came up with the name Life? Why don’t they just call it Almighty God. Or Almighty God with raisins. If you don’t like it, you can go to hell.”
  • On America’s coffee jones: “I know people who are stopping for coffee on the way to Starbucks, or Fourbucks as my friend calls it.”
  • On cremation: “It’s like they’re trying to cover up a crime. Burn the body, scatter the ashes and let’s pretend this whole thing never happened.”
  • On technology: “E-mail is the lowest form of human communication. It’s ‘I don’t want to see your face. I don’t want to hear your voice.’ ”

And speaking of technology, Seinfeld gave a shout-out to buddy, actor Matthew Broderick, who was sitting in the audience. Jerry mocked Mr. Sarah Jessica Parker for having to have the latest whiz-bang techno-toys but Broderick begged to differ.

“He thinks I am like that because I use a Blackberry and a cell phone,” the actor told us at the after-party at Ultra 88. “So I text message. I told him I could bring him to places where he could buy some of these things. You know, like (the) Verizon store.”

No comments: