Friday, December 16, 2005

Things that don't suck: Howard Stern

F Jackie! F Stuttering John!

Howard Stern ends his reign as King of All Media on terrestrial radio today, and I, for one, am happy. I have developed a hatred for Boston-area radio stations over the past 5 years. Too many DJs thinking they're funnier than they are, too many Bob's Discount Furniture commercials, too many stupid callers. I'll listen to WEEI on occassion, but I'm really not that interested in hearing what Bob from Gloucester has to say about...anything.

I just bought a Sirius Starmate Replay, and I couldn't be more excited. Finally, no more commercials...just the straight shit. I could be in for a huge letdown, but even if Howard's new show sucks (which I doubt it will) - I still have 100s of other channels to choose from, and as we all know, content is King. So, paying $12/month really isn't all that much, when you think of the alternative: 5 or 6 radio stations, playing "another commercial-free set of non-stop rock" that gets interrupted by commercials telling you you're in the middle of... you get the picture.

Howard belongs on satellite - let's just hope the government doesn't move to censor pay services. Or else Sirius is going to have to introduce commercials to pay for the legal fees.

No comments: