Monday, December 12, 2005

Things that don't suck: Tailgating


So, I went to my first NFL football game last Sunday - Patriots vs. Jets. I'm a Jets fan. The Jets suck. Maybe I suck. But tailgating was the main reason I went, and man, it did not suck. It was awesome. I do have to say, though - unless you've got your own killer setup, tailgating entirely depends on the parking spot you get.

Example #1: Our first stop. Sucked.
We stopped to see some friends of my brother in-law, and I didn't really know anybody there, so it was just me and my friend Beer for awhile, so it didn't suck too bad. Comparatively, though, it sucked. We were lined up next to a Ford Taurus, and the two guys from there had this fire pit thing going, and were dropping treated wood into it. I walked away smelling like smoky shit. But at least I was warm.

Example 2: Our second stop. Awesome.
We stopped to see my cousin, and she was parked next to a Cadillac Escalade that had a 10-burner grill, as well as a generator that had satellite TV, an HDTV, and a space heater that carved out a grassy area about 20 feet wide. I grilled up some steak tips that were marinated in wasabi teriyaki sauce overnight, and spent some more quality time with my good friend Beer.

The game itself sucked, until Gisele Bunchen came out. Holy crap, she's smokin. That alone made me want to go back. Although, I'm not too keen on the whole Patriots-cheerleaders-in- sweatsuits thing. That was lame. There's no point to cheerleaders if they're not half-naked. It's not like we respect them as athletes.

All in all, a great, exhausting day.

No comments: