Friday, December 30, 2005

Things that suck: CHB

Instead of writing a year-end review, as other columnists do this time of year, Dan Shaughnessy decided to forget about the past, and focus on the future. In "He's Making Headlines," (Boston Globe, December 30th) Shaughnessy invents the news of 2006. Poorly, as usual.

I can't blame him. I'd want to forget 2005 if I were Dan Shaughnessy as well. It was a year in which he was called every name in the book for his involvement in the doomed Theo Epstein contract dispute. The Curly-Haired Boyfriend (CHB) expounded (excuse me, grossly exagerrated) the so-called "sour" relationship between Epstein and Larry Lucchino, which may have contributed to the Red Sox current predicament: no GM (sorry GM by committee), no center fielder nor shortstop, and a cloudy future.

Today, he let his imagination run wild in yet another CHB dreamscape. Which shouldn't shock anybody - he's been doing it all year long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a make more money online
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!