Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Things that don't suck: Cosmic fate

For those of you who didn't know already, my daughter, Ella Grace Patterson, was born in the early hours of Sunday, February 5...and I can't get enough of her already.

I have a website set up for family that showcases her (email me for the address), so I'll save everyone my gushing details about how much I love her - yes, even though its Valentines Day. I did, however, want to talk about fate, because there was a really strange, wonderful coincidence that occured the day she was born.

Everyone in my family has always compared me to my uncle Paul, who passed away from complications with cancer in 2002. He was (and is) one of my favorites - he taught me to laugh hard, and never give up on anything. Anyone who has been to my house has seen the 6-foot tall wooden cowboy ("Woody") - a gift from him, complete with funny story. It was my "inheritance" after he passed away. Paul & Pat, peas in a pod - big sports buffs, joke tellers, life of the party.

So, it didn't dawn on me until about Thursday of last week that when Ella was born, she became something else that my Uncle Paul and I would share forever. We both helped deliver a beautiful daughter on the exact same day. My cousin Myndy, an actress, was born February 5, 1971.

I believe in science, but I also believe in cosmic fate. Life is full of circles.

2 comments:

The Hag Bag said...

Congrats, Pat!

Andy said...

Dude, according to that link your cousin is telling people she was born in 1975. You might want to keep it on the dl.