Sunday, February 19, 2006

Things that don't suck: Dave Chapelle

I don't know how many of you watch Inside the Actor's Studio with James Lipton, but there is a can't-miss episode airing March 5 featuring Dave Chapelle. I watched it this morning on Bravo, and man...this guy is exactly what we need more of in this country - someone unflinching, raw, and honest.

He's an amazing guy, and the way he has been portrayed recently in the media is highly inaccurate and really unfair. They've tried to define him, but Dave Chapelle escapes definition. To me, he's the world's greatest comedian, and a good guy to boot. To others, he's some nut who ran off to Africa. And to Oprah, he's an entertaining guest who makes her nether-regions tingle.

Check out the clips on Bravo's website, or tune on on March 5 at 8pm.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I just caught this episode on Bravo. The part that really resonated with me is when he talked about how calling people crazy is dismissive. Just because we don't understand someone doesn't mean they're crazy. Excellent show. I would say it has instantly achieved Save Until I Delete status, but my DVR crapped out with 10 minutes to go. Com-f---ing-tastic.

Patterson said...

That's precisely the line that got to me as well.